A vacuum cleaner is a basic cleaner for your home, making everyday life easier or more difficult. Vacuuming can be effective when you buy a suitable vacuum cleaner for wood floors, but it can also be annoying. Falling pipes, poor suction power, noise or odour after vacuuming are common problems. So, choosing the right vacuum cleaner model is not easy because of the large number of devices available on the market. Here we prepared for you a list of the Best Vacuum For Wood Floors
10 Best Vacuum For Wood Floors
- Cleaning Path Width: 11.35 inches (V-Shape), Power Cord Length: 20 feet
- Easily cleans around furniture legs and on low pile are legs; Hose Length: No Hose
- Easy-to-empty dirt cup makes project cleanup a breeze. Power Rating: 6 amps
- The V-shape directs larger debris into the center suction path, while the ends of the V capture small, fine debris
- Not for rugs
- Ultra lightweight and compact : easy to use and easy to store
- Easily converts from stick vacuum to Hand vacuum
- Removable floor nozzle : remove for use as Hand vacuum; keep on for floor or stair cleaning
- Great for hard floors and effective on carpets, Area rugs, stairs, upholstery and more
- Includes crevice tool and 15 feet Power cord
- Corded stick vacuum cleaner with 15kpa powerful suction, perfect for marble, tile and hardwood floor!Pick up all kinds of crumbs, hair, dust and even cat litter.Your floor will be cleaner than ever.(Noted:As the floor head is air powered,the roller brush does not roll on the carpet .)
- Weighs just 4.8 lbs: this 2-in-1 stick and handheld vacuum is lightweight. Carry this lightweight vacuum cleaner upstairs or between rooms with ease. Effortlessly reaching hard-to-clean spots like ceilings and light fixtures.
- Reach high & low: use the adjustable extension tube to add an extra 17-28 inches. Clean under furniture or even reach ceiling fans and vents.And clean in one pass with a 16.4 ft power cord.
- User-friendly: comes with an easy-to-clean dustbin, advanced cyclone system, effectively spins dust away from motor and keeps the powerful suction, ideal for home with pets and children.
- What's included: the machine,air powered floor head, dusting brush, crevice tool, tube and our worry-free 1-year warranty.
- V shape technology ensures that all dust and debris is swept into the path of suction for an easy cleaning experience
- Edge to Edge Cleaning
- Bagless Cyclonic Technology
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology for excellent suction for longer. Power Cord Length: 18 feet , Hose Length - 7 inches
- Hard floor Turbine foot is tough on dirt, gentle on your floors. Power Rating: 9.2 amps. Cleaning Path Width : 11 Inch
- Multi-surface foot for excellent pickup on Area rugs and carpeted floors in your home
- The easy empty dirt tank opens from the bottom for no-mess disposal. Brush System: Rotating Clear Window
- Compact and lightweight design for easy carrying and storage. Dirt Cup Capacity : 67.6 fluid Ounce
- 2-in-1 vacuum with lift off technology for stairs, upholstery and more
- On/off brush switch with triple action brush roll maximizes cleaning across multiple surfaces
- Specialized pet tools remove pet hair from stairs, upholstery and other hard-to-reach areas where pet hair collects. For Use on Carpet and Rugs, Hardwood Floors, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl
- Smartseal allergen system helps trap dust, dander, and allergens inside the vacuum
- Febreze pet odor Eliminator filter eliminates pet odors and freshens as you vacuum
- 🎁【12000PA STRONG SUCTION】: Hikeren cordless stick vacuum cleaner utilizes a 120W ultra-high power motor with 2 modes.The low power mode is suitable for sucking out dog hair and dust on the hardwood floors;while the high power provides efficient vacuum ability to clean hidden dust, debris, and messes on carpets,easy to assemble and perfect for different needs.
- 🎁【ALL-ROUND CLEANING & NO DEAD ANGLES】: With flexible 180°rotation swivel design and a folding handle,the cordless stick vacuum cleaner is easy to maneuver dirt or pet hair from the bottom of the bed/sofa/furniture effortlessly.Besides,LED Headlights Design could help you do cleaning at dark unseen areas,while other cordless vacuums miss.
- 🎁【LONG BATTERY LIFE & QUICK CHARGE】: Built-in a 2500mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery, the cordless vacuum cleaner only takes about 3-4 hrs to fully charged, up to 40 minutes on low power and 30 minutes on high power,allowing you to clean up your home without worrying the battery dies off halfway.Moreover,the battery shows the remaining capacity to ensure in-time charging.
- 🎁【LIGHTWEIGH & 2-IN-1 CORDLESS USE】: HIKEREN cordless stick vacuum is made of qualified lightweight ABS material,which significantly reduces physical strain when vacuuming the ceilings,vents all around the house.Without the hassle of a cord,HIKEREN cordless vacuum cleaner could freely converts into a hand held vacuum for different cleaning requirements.
- 🎁【100% RISK FREE PURCHASE】: Hikeren Stick Vacuum Cleaner has 【30 days Money-back and 18-month Guarantee.】 Any inquiry about HIKEREN Cordless Stick and handheld Vacuum Cleaner, please don't hesitate to contact us first! We will give you a response within 24 hours to win your satisfaction!
- 3-In-1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum for your needs. At only 4 pounds, you can take the Eureka blaze anywhere
- Eureka's Signature swivel steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when compared to standard stick vacuums
- Eureka's capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease unlike other stick vacuums that push larger particles around. Perfect for hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets
- Powerful 2 amp motor picks up particles like dust and pollen, while the washable filtration system captures the debris and improves air quality
- 18' Power cord and X-Large dust cup ensure you get the job done faster - no more outlet hopping or frequent trips to the trash can with the Eureka blaze. 9. 44 in. cleaning
- Joshua Salesin
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Edition no. 4 (05/14/2017)
- Paperback: 120 pages
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day iRobot warranty
- Ships in the retail box pictured. Roomba 650 picks up an amazing amount of dirt, pet hair and other debris with its patented 3 stage cleaning system
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week. Dirt Detect technology employs an acoustic sensor to identify dirtier areas and spends more time cleaning them
- iAdapt is an advanced system of software and sensors that ensures Roomba vacuums every section of your room
- The included Virtual Wall keeps Roomba cleaning where you need it and blocks off-limit areas
Types of vacuum cleaners
There are so many vacuum cleaners on the market today that choosing the right one is a challenge. Assuming that we want to use such equipment for a few years, we should be well prepared to buy it and adjust our choice to our needs. We have prepared a guide for you that will help you to choose a vacuum cleaner suitable for wood floors.
However, before you get to buy on any vacuum cleaner, it is also worth to know the basic types of these devices.
For a good start, it’s worth taking a closer look at the wood floor to make sure you don’t make any mistakes when caring for them. The effects can be irreversible. Luckily, it’s not complicated. Wood floors can really keep our eyes looking impeccable for a long time. All we have to do is follow a few rules. First of all, they should be vacuumed regularly, so that there is no small dirt on them (such as sand) or sharp elements that may scratch the floor. We will focus on vacuuming wood floor this time. The tip is especially important here. A properly selected vacuum cleaner will allow you to keep the shine of the wood floor for a long time.
Choosing a vacuum cleaner for wood floor is not an easy task, so we will also look at other parameters that should be taken into account when shopping.
Which wood floor vacuum cleaner should you choose?
The quality of the vacuum cleaner is influenced by several elements. It is worth knowing what to pay attention to when choosing a vacuum cleaner. Thanks to this, you have a greater chance to buy equipment that will serve you for a long time.
It should be adjusted to the type of floors you have in your apartment. On the market you can find vacuum cleaners with engine power from 1200 W to 2700 W. For vacuuming food floors, the lowest value will be absolutely sufficient, it is also suitable for wooden floors. If you have a large cleaning area, you should choose a slightly higher power (e.g. 1600 W). Higher values are necessary when removing dirt from carpets, for example.
The suction power depends on the engine power and affects the effectiveness of the vacuum cleaner. It determines the force with which the equipment sucks in dirt. Most modern vacuum cleaners have adjustable power. When cleaning panels we do not need to have a maximum value, but it would be worth it if it wasn’t the lowest power.
Seems to be a trivial matter, but it is worth noting it, especially if our apartment is large or we have a two-story house. If you do not want to switch the vacuum cleaner from socket to the socket, you should choose the longest possible cable.
This aspect should be taken into account when taking care of your own health. Carrying a heavy vacuum cleaner can be a nuisance to your spine. It is better to choose a lighter model.
This is an individual matter, but it is worth remembering that many models of vacuum cleaners (especially those from the middle shelf) generate noise exceeding the safe limit for our hearing.
Let’s also take care of your household budget and choose a vacuum cleaner with a longer warranty period. There are many models with low durability on the market. If we are to buy decent equipment, let’s make sure it lasts a really long time. A manufacturer who is sure of his product should offer us satisfactory warranty conditions.
The multitude of vacuum cleaners available on the market can make you dizzy. To make things a little easier for you, we present the types of vacuum cleaners you may encounter and their most important features and properties.
Bagless (cyclonic) vacuum cleaners
Collect dirt and make it spin and carry it to a special container. This is an economical solution. The purchase of a good quality bag is a considerable cost, and the bags need to be replaced regularly. However, it is not ideal for people with allergies, unless they are already familiar with thorough emptying of the container.
Bag vacuum cleaners (traditional)
Collect contaminants in a special bag – exchangeable (paper) or solid (linen).
Water vacuum cleaners
Equipment with a water filter can clean both dry and wet. Pollutants pass through a tube of water that produces a so-called water storm. Soaked dirt is stopped. An additional advantage of such equipment is the humidification and air purification during cleaning. However, you have to take care of such a vacuum cleaner and after each use pour out the water with dirt from the container. Otherwise, bacteria or mold can get into the vacuum cleaner. There are two types of water vacuum cleaners:
They have an additional function of washing carpets, cleaning upholstery and collecting spilled water.
They recommended especially for people with allergies. They produce steam that dissolves contaminants and removes dust mites, dust and mold.
Handheld vacuum cleaners (vertical, cordless)
Small models with low weight. They are suitable for cleaning small surfaces or during car cleaning. Comfortable and handy.
Automatic vacuum cleaners
These are devices that clean the apartment on their own. Properly programmed, they reflect off walls and furniture and vacuum without our presence. They are especially suitable for larger surfaces, especially on panels and wooden floors. However, this is not the most effective way to get rid of impurities. At the same time, it is quite expensive.
Central vacuum cleaners
The best solution if you have large areas to vacuum (e.g. a family house). The main equipment is located in a separate place (e.g. a basement or a garage), and in each room of the house there are special outlets to which the pipe. This is an expensive choice but very convenient solution.
Each of the above mentioned types of vacuum cleaners is suitable for wood floors. It all depends on what additional functions and features you expect from your equipment.
What is worth paying attention to when buying a vacuum cleaner?
Multi-stage air filtration systems
The air filter is one of the most important features that we have to pay attention to. After all, we don’t want part of the dust that’s been pulled into the vacuum cleaner to get back out on the other side.
The HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air filter) vacuum cleaner is the standard below which we should not go down. These filters are usually made of sintered glass, providing a very high level of filtration. This level is scaled from 10 (standard level) to 13 (highest level). So the HEPA H13 filter will provide you with an excellent protection against dust, ideal for people with allergic reactions.
However, there are models on the market with an even more complex filtration system. They combine the advantages of HEPA filters with a water filter in which dust is filtered through a water tank. The vacuum cleaner with air filtration system is ideal for allergy sufferers. It is a perfect vacuum cleaner for dust mites and mold spores.
Types of vacuum cleaner nozzles
The nozzle is crucial when selecting a panel vacuum cleaner. The most important thing is not to scratch the floor. So we should choose:
The Hard Floor Suction Cup Brush
Standard equipment for a vacuum cleaner. The ideal solution for those looking for panel cleaning equipment. Such a brush usually has long bristles to protect against scratches.
Double Action Brush
If you have a carpet or carpet in your home in addition to the panels and you do not want to change the tips all the time, you can choose a double Action Brush. It has the ability to switch between parquet and carpet mode (e.g. with a leg). It is a convenient and practical solution.
Modern vacuum cleaners are equipped with various nozzles, such as slotted nozzles, electric brushes or turbo brushes.
When buying a vacuum cleaner, be sure to pay attention to the range of the vacuum cleaner. This is particularly important for people with a large home or apartment. This parameter is not always indicated on the vacuum cleaner’s label, but you should ask your dealer about it. Differences can be considerable – vacuum cleaners have a range from a few to even several meters.
Remember that the range of vacuuming consists of both the length of the power cord and the length of the hose and pipe. If you buy a vacuum cleaner with a long vacuuming range, you will not have to switch from socket to socket every now and then.
Turbo or electric brush
Pets are a real challenge for a vacuum cleaner. Especially those with long hair, which is effectively entangled in carpets and carpets. Often even the enormous power of a vacuum cleaner is not enough to get rid of such impurities. For this purpose, special types of brushes have been developed that comb out vacuumed surfaces. In the base of such a brush there is a special roller with a stiff bristle. While the vacuum cleaner is working, the momentum of air in the brush makes it rotate quickly. A turbo-and-brush vacuum cleaner even combs our carpet, pulling out tangled hair and other troublesome impurities.
An alternative to a turbo brush is a vacuum cleaner with an electric brush. In this case, the brush is connected to the body of the vacuum cleaner by a cable.
Wireless vacuum cleaner
Do you dream of a vacuum cleaner that doesn’t run a cable? Which you don’t need to plug into a wall outlet when you move to another part of the house? These vacuum cleaners are already available! They are not powered by cables, but from a battery. They come with special chargers. Usually a few hours of charging is enough to vacuum a house or apartment. The charging status of the batteries is shown on the LED display.
The cable that runs behind the vacuum cleaner gets tangled up under your feet? Not for models with auto-reversion. A special mechanism is used to unroll the vacuum cleaner cable when you move away from the socket to which it is connected and reel it in when you move closer to it. An auto-revers vacuum cleaner is very practical, considering that some vacuum cleaners are equipped with up to 10-meter cables.
Unfortunately, not all vacuum cleaners can handle pet hair. Pet hair is a demanding opponent when it comes to vacuuming. A weak vacuum cleaner with classic brushes will leave most of the hair on carpets. High power and a special brush are required to extract hair from the nooks and crannies of carpets and carpets. So if you are looking for the best vacuum for pet hair, we are sure you will find a pet vacuum that will suite your needs.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: